My desire is to bring colour into your home and joy into your life.
I am inspired by the beauty and resilience of the natural world and I am passionate about expressing the miracle of nature through my paintings.
I am a self-taught collage and mixed media artist. I have lived and worked in Dublin, Paris and New York and now call Toronto my home. I have taken courses at the Belfast College of Art, Parsons School of Design and the Ontario College of Art, and have participated in a number of exhibitions.
I love the freedom that mixed media brings and the opportunity it provides to incorporate my love of drawing and painting, working with paper, acrylics, inks, and other water soluble media.
I have developed a particular expertise in hand-painted paper collage and I also enjoy creating expressive floral and other paintings in acrylic and mixed media. I also design greeting cards, face masks, clothing and accessories from my original art.
I am consistently inspired by the resilience of the flora and fauna indigenous to Canada and as an immigrant from a temperate climate, I marvel at the natural world’s ability to survive the Canadian winter. Through collage and mixed media paintings, I represent the miracle of nature in modes that are both expressive and accessible.
I have been an active member of Toronto's West End Art Tour Collective since 2016.
This article explains more about my background and artistic motivation
and why it is integral to my life.
Please click here to download pdf.
Current and Recent Exhibits:
- August - September, 2020 - solo show at Ideal Coffee cafe, 221 Sorauren Avenue, Toronto
- National Arts Drive - Saturday, June 20, 2020, from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm - As part of the National Arts Drive, a socially distanced event, I am exhibiting my paintings on the front porch of my home studio at 25 Fermanagh Avenue, Toronto. For more information go to National Arts Drive
- CANCELLED due to Covid 19 - Art Tour Collective Annual Studio Tour 2020 - I am exhibiting at the Bergmanis Preyra Law Office, 2926 Dundas Street West, Toronto
- November 6-17, 2019 - Group Show, Todmorden Mills Heritage Site, 67 Pottery Road, Toronto, Ontario M4K 2B9 - Meet the Artists Reception Sunday November 10 from 2:00 - 4:00 pm
- June 22, 2019 - Summer Solstice Art Market - For more information go to http://www.arttourcollective.com/solstice-art-market
- May 31-June 2, 2019 - Art Tour Collective Annual Studio Tour - For more information go to http://www.arttourcollective.com/studio-tour - I am exhibiting at the Bergmanis Preyra Law Office, 2926 Dundas Street West, Site 22 on the map.
- February 2019 - “Winter Blues” Art Tour Collective Group Show, Neilson Park Creative Centre
- November 2018 - Art For Cancer Anonymous Fundraising Show
- June 1 through June 3, 2018 - Toronto's West End Art Collective Annual Studio Tour
- April - May 2018 - solo show at Ideal Coffee cafe, 221 Sorauren Avenue, Toronto
- November 2017 - Art For Cancer Anonymous Fundraising Show
- September 2017 - Art Tour Collective Group Show, Art Square Gallery
- June 2017 - Annual Studio Tour
- February 2017 - Art Tour Collective Group Show, Gallery 1313
- November 2016 - Small Works Art Tour Collective Group Show, 3030