About the Artist
I am a self-taught mixed media artist. I have lived and worked in Dublin, Paris and New York and now call Toronto my home.
I have taken courses at the Belfast College of Art, Parsons School of Design and the Ontario College of Art, and have participated in a number of exhibitions. I love the freedom that mixed media brings and the opportunity it provides to incorporate my love of drawing and painting, working with paper, acrylics, inks, and other water soluble media. I have developed a particular expertise in hand-painted paper collage, and am currently working on a series of bird, animal and nature-inspired collages.
I also enjoy creating abstract floral and other paintings in acrylic and mixed media.
I am consistently inspired by the resilience of the flora and fauna indigenous to Canada.
As an immigrant from a temperate climate, I marvel at the natural world’s ability to survive the Canadian winter. Through collage and mixed media paintings of floral and bird life, I represent the miracle of Spring in modes that are both expressive and accessible.
This article explains more about my background and artistic motivation
and why it is integral to my life.
Please click here to download pdf.
Current and Recent Exhibits:
- May 31-June 2, 2019 - Art Tour Collective Annual Studio Tour
- June 22, 2019 - Summer Solstice Art Market
- February 2019 - “Winter Blues” Art Tour Collective Group Show, Neilson Park Creative Centre
- November 2018 - Art For Cancer Anonymous Fundraising Show
- June 1 through June 3, 2018 - Toronto's West End Art Collective Annual Studio Tour
- April - May 2018 - solo show at Ideal Coffee cafe, Toronto
- November 2017 - Art For Cancer Anonymous Fundraising Show
- September 2017 - Art Tour Collective Group Show, Art Square Gallery
- June 2017 - Annual Studio Tour
- February 2017 - Art Tour Collective Group Show, Gallery 1313
- November 2016 - Small Works Art Tour Collective Group Show, 3030